Saturday 5 February 2022

Good

 I’m a bit pissed I did not bring my keyboard with me. I really hate typing on touch screen but my switch is out of battery and my ipad is down as well. All I have left is my phone and my kindle but I don’t feel like reading at the moment.

I feel like I should talk about the two men in my life that have shaped up most of the good parts within me, my grandfathers. My grandfather on my father’s side is the most loving and kind and fun and chill person I knew. He was the bomb. I love him so much. He passed away when I was 12 years old and I can still remember everything that happened that day.

He was a very pious man. But he was not like other pious men, yes I am biased but whatever. He introduced God in a way nobody can. Every time we went over to his house, he would either be sitting on the porch chilling or he was in the middle of reciting the Quran. But my most favorite moment with him was whenever he was about to perform his prayers, he would ask all his grandchildren to come along and do it with him, do we feel like we are obliged to do so? Nope. As far as we were concerned, it was time to meet God and somehow it was fun because we get to do it with him. 

He was a very good storyteller. He can come up with the most absurd story but it was always fun. His dream was for all of us to go to heaven and reunite there. Big dream, I know but he made it sound so simple. Every time we part ways, we would kiss our goodbyes and hugged him and he would always tickled us with his beard. Whenever I thought of when was I felt the most loved, I would think of moments I spent with him. He cemented my faith in God and I never forget that.

My grandfather on my mother’s side was similar but he is different in a way that he is very discipline. He is firm in his decisions and he is smart. I wished I was as smart but hahaha. I aspire to be as responsible as he is. I worked hard to be smart so that I can show him when the results came out. He was always on my side whenever I made trouble. Hehe. I would sit on his lap while he was watching the news because I love him so much even though the news were not at all interesting. He showered me with books and I was grateful for it because I can never actually afford it and half of my knowledge came from the books he gave me.

Last but not least, is my father. I rarely talk about him. He’s actually smart and very practical. He is a very good cook and he can clean anything. He is ridiculously funny for no reasons at all. He is now on the road to become my late grandfather. He has a lot of other qualities but I like to not talk about him as much to maintain the mystery. 

My personality came from all these people because at one point of my life, these people play a major part in it. I took the good qualities and try my best to emulate them. In truth, all of us want to be good aren’t we. But I went a different route. I save the good parts for certain people. I hide the good parts and I let people think what they want to think. Guess that’s why people kept fucking me over. But I don’t regret anything. Am I hypocrite? I like to think am not. I am myself all the time. The good and the bad, it’s all me. Perhaps sometime I tend to exaggerate the bad but I feel like it’s a necessity. Better to get fuck over now than later no? People do have a tendency to compare things and only chose the good ones. Like that saying that goes sometime people like to pretend you’re a bad person so they don’t feel guilty for the things they did to you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.