Monday 14 February 2022

Gold

I was never a fan of jewellery. It just never made sense to me. The only thing I came close to wearing one, it was gifted and of course not even legit gold. I ended up with rashes on my neck and that probably how I never liked jewellery.

A lot of things didn’t make sense because of poverty. I had no money so I didn’t bother with interests. I barely had enough to support myself. I thought of making a post to what extend how broke I am referring to and to what lengths I reached in order to make it. But it will be an elaborate post and I just don’t feel like it.

I don’t remember when did I realized exactly how my sisters and I were excluded in receiving anything because we are viewed as well off. It’s funny how people tend to forget who they were talking to and just spill the tea without any probing involved.

I realized most of friends, relatives etc had at least one gold bracelet on their wrist. Gifted by parents or bought themselves, it didn’t matter. When I found out my late grandmother’s jewellery was passed on to all my cousins. It didn’t really click at all. That we were excluded. Maybe my other siblings got some, we’ll never know.

I never understood why I wasn’t given anything. Then I remembered my mother bought me my first gold bracelet which I treasure and brought with me everywhere but didn’t have the guts to put it on. When I finally did, it was lost. In Sogo no less. By the time I realized, my wrist was empty and I searched everywhere, I cried not because it was gold but because my mother gave it to me. 

Anyway, it was a long time ago and I never bought any until recently. Last year, I thought I should spent my money on something valuable instead of stupid shit. So I bough a bracelet and I didn’t wear it. It just didn’t suit me. I felt like I made it look ugly.

Then I bought another one and I tried wearing it. Truthfully the trauma of previous lost still haunts me. But this one seems to stay. What I am a fan of most is rings. I LOVE RINGS.

I have two in mind. 



And of course this LOTR ish ring.




I don’t know why I buy jewellery still. But my end goal is this ridiculously expensive necklace with a ring on it which I don’t even remember it’s name. 



I love shopee for making things easier to buy stuff. I bought everything online and lucky enough to not get snubbed yet. Hopefully never. Pray that I’ll get this necklace and nobody buy it first. It’s mine yall. I knew the moment I found it online. And I always get what I want. Here’s me in memoji form.


 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.